As you may be aware the Government made several very important decisions this week about schools. From today, Friday 20th March, until further notice all schools will be closed except for certain groups of children in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. No date has been set for when schools will reopen for all students.
From Monday 23rd March both Farley Juniors and Whipperley Infant Academy will be operating from the Whipperley Infant Academy site
for the following groups of children.
· Children whose parents are part of the essential work force. Government Guidance can be found here
· Those classed as what the Secretary of State described as “Vulnerable children” including children who are supported by social care, those with safeguarding and welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children and those with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
Provision will run from 8am to 3pm children should be brought to the office at Whipperley – every child will receive breakfast and lunch supplied by school. We will not be running over the Easter Break as families have made other arrangements.
Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home and every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
· If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
· If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
· Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
· Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
Free School Meals:
Some families are entitled to free school meals – this DOES NOT include universal free school meals for infant aged children. If your family is entitled to free school meals you will be able to pick up a packed lunch from Whipperley Infant Academy from Monday 23rd March each day from 12.30pm to 1pm.
If you have any concerns or worries we are here to support you please use the Whipperley number 01582 725868 whether you are a Farley Junior Parent or Whipperley Infant Parent. We will be open from 8am – 3pm