Parents evening for Year 1 are on the following dates:
20th November 2018
21st November 2018
Please check for timings with your child's teacher.
Year 1 are looking at dinosaurs and animals. They are learning about carnivores, herbivores and omnivores and what these words mean.
Ask your child to name:
- an animal that is a carnivore
- an animal that is a herbivore
- an animal that is a omnivore
We have also been learning about the job of a Palaeontologist. Ask your child to tell you more about them!
Year 1 have been investigating using measuring equipment. The children have been measuring their height, lengths of a range of objects and recording their findings.
Measure at home!
Measure different items with your child at home. Using a ruler, can your child find things that are:
- Longer than 30cm
- Shorter than 30cm
- The same as 30cm
Bring in the findings and share it with everyone!
Please ensure your child brings in:
- Water bottles everyday along with their books bags
- Reading record and books. Each group will change on a set day.
- PE kit into school. This will remain in school until every holiday.